Given the current situation and knowledge on the importance of green economy and lack of green economy promotors in the targeted countries, the main goal of EGEA is to promote “green” economy and sustainable behavior at all levels of education in three countries of Asia (Kyrgyz Republic, Nepal and India) endorsing the role of Higher Education Institutions as catalysts of change. Taking into account the importance of various subject areas (economic, legal, environmental), five areas closely related to the use of green economy have been chosen. In order to address the specific project objectives:
1. Development of modular programs that reinforces knowledge and practice on green economy to be integrated within existing or new programs in beneficiary HEIs.
2. Enhancement of lifelong learning through professional blended courses oriented to adult education in green economy and related areas.
3. Reinforcement of Public Affairs Departments and Marketing Units to facilitate the role HEIs as promotor of green behavior in local society
4. Deployment of promotional campaigns and programs that fosters green behavior among schools and colleges.
5. Application of sound management tools throughout the life of the project.
The project EGEA wishes to cover four important strands of modernization of Higher Eduacation, related to the priorities of both EGEA priorities and national/regional needs:
1. Curricular development in green economy based on Bologna system and use of learning outcomes through multidisciplinary fields of study, all priority areas in all countries (law, business, economics-social sciences, management and environmental studies).
2. Cooperation enterprise-university promoting green skills, green economy studies and increased role of universities as „green economy initiators“
3.Development of new teaching and learning methodologies and support tools, including ICT-based practices for continuous education as a mean of sustainability of the project.
4. Role of Universities as facilitators of „green economy and green behaviour“ in education, schools and business sector Based on previous cooperation and experiences, the consortium believes that in order to guarantee the sustainability of green economy initiatives efforts should be deployed bottom-up and top-down approaches. On the one hand, promotional campaigns will be done at schools and lyceums to enhance “green behavior” in young generations. On the other hand, intense dissemination of project activities and results to authorities, state agencies for environment, ministries of economy and environment and ministries of education will improve the understanding and relevance of the concept of green economy and its beneficial use – if conceptualized correctly – for society at large. International cooperation will be sought too since sustainable development is a global issue.